Wednesday, December 23, 2009

costly mistakes…

life is all the same here… assignments… quizzes… frisbee… and on…. currently we have started daily practise of volleyball (around 11-12) which is followed by the midnight frisbee…

nowadays, as I’m expecting a letter from my wife (which has already been posted 4 days b4 n still not delivered) I’m a regular visitor at Dorm4, where the Students Activity Office is… All the letters to all the students are delivered at SAO, and they have a very good email intimation system in place for registered or courier posts…. however, for ordinary letters they keep a letter box at dorm 4 (with seperate pigeon boxes for each dorm) and each student have to check it up individually to know whether they have a mail or not. just imagine around 500plus students regularly going to ensure whether they have a letter or not (though ordinary letters are quite rare)…

So i took this opportunity to have a discussion with SAO Officer, and suggested him that a letterbox be placed in each dormitory instead of the current system and the possible action plans for implementing this as well… As I was about to leave he asked me to put up the matter in an official way (email) and i did the same and addressed a cc. to the warden as well. Quite unfortunately, the phrases i used in the email was not in accordance with the IIMA style guide as I made some silly grammatical mistakes in the letter. Both the warden(the prof. is out of country for the moment) and the SAO Officer charged me up, and I had to apologize for the mistakes, which I readily accepted.

As of now, I did personally met the Officer today and he is happy with my explanation, and had relieved me in good spirits. But I have to wait n watch how the warden reacts once he reaches here (as he has already mentioned that I will have to formally apologize once he is back)…..

Anyway, an action over a good cause with a good intention have found myself in a plight, in which our local language proverb says, ‘picking the snake which was laying calmly on the fence and putting it into the pocket’……

Lets expect the good rather than the worst….. Probably this is an opportunity for me to get acquainted with the professor (who also happens to be from my native-place just like the SAO Officer)….

lets take life as it happens… i’ll update, for sure…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

Related Posts with Thumbnails